Friday, August 6, 2010

"Project Green", art with a pupose


In the great silence of the Manoa Valley, while the whole town slept it hit me. I was puting paint to canvas, creating beauty out of chaos,but I was lost. Something that has always naturaly flowed through me like to much lemonaid. Art. My greatest passion and i'm somewhere els. My minds on "Clean and Green Campaign of Hawaii", and my love for our great island chain when it hit me. I will begin working on a fantastic new line of art pieces that would not only satisfy my un-waivering desire for artistic expression but would be guided by Clean and Green's Mission. " Project Green", was born. "Project Green", is a new line of art work constructed using non-recyclable materials destined for the landfill. Items such as beer bottle caps, old lighters, scraps of plastic and metals and soft drink toppers to name a few. Recycling the un-recyclables to create one-of-a-kind canvases that will sparkle and shine with a touch of a paint brush.

The ultimate goal of "Project Green", is to raise awareness on environmental issues such as recycling, energy waste, water conservation, sustainability and, most importantly, environmental education for our children. The children truely are our future, it's our responsibilitie to pass our wisdom along to ensure prosparity.

No comments:

Post a Comment